We’ve already published an article about how to sell more shoutouts on Instagram. I would recommend checking it out as well. However, in this article, I want to share tricks with you that are kind of special but very powerful. Keep reading – you’ll not regret it.
1. Offer Them a Goodie
Advertisers don’t just send a message to you. They usually write to a whole bunch of influencers and end up choosing a fraction of them. So what can you do to stand out from the others? Yes, you could get the deal with the lowest prices. But you don’t want to do that!
Come up with something that’s hardly any more work for you and costs you nothing – but offers your advertisers significant more value.
Here are a few examples:
- You know of course which products you promoted in the past. Tell the advertiser directly in your first message that you would be willing to tell him if his product has already been promoted on your account.
- Through engagement on past shoutouts and feedback from advertisers, you as an influencer know which products have potential and which ones are doomed to fail. Offer your advertiser to consult him for picking the right product.
- Often customers send bad-looking ads. Offer them to edit their ads and make them more beautiful (easy to do with canva.com).
2. Make Them Feel Special
Everyone likes to be special. So you should find a way to make your advertiser feel special.
Here are a few examples:
- Make it clear right from the start that you will only post selected ads on your profile and then give them “permission” to do so
- Limit your shoutout amount and tell your advertisers that you will only ever choose ads that best suits to your account
- Just be friendly. Seriously – so many influencers are not friendly
3. Create a “Magnetic-Ad”
Anyone who has been selling shoutouts for a while should have noticed that you’ll get more shoutout requests right after you posted an ad. Of course, this is because potential clients are becoming aware that you are selling shoutouts.
So if you’re having a hard time getting new advertisers and aren’t getting any requests. Then do yourself a favor and create an ad by yourself that has viral potential. As soon as potential customers see how well this ad runs on your account, they want to have a piece of the pie. It’s like a bait that you’re throwing in the water to get some fish. Kind of a magnet for advertisers…
4. Be The Fastest
As in battle, the most important aspect is speed! The typical customer doesn’t want to book his ad tomorrow, but today and if you are the influencer who answers a day later, then the ship has already sailed.
So what can you do? Simple.
Make shoutouts bookable directly through your bio: Just use adstock.io and create a salespage for your shoutouts to make them directly bookable.
Use an auto-respond service to send an instant response to your advertisers: The keyword is automation. Combine the auto-reply with your adstock link and you are way beyond all other influencers!
I hope this article gave you some inspiration to overthink your current shoutout strategy. Don’t just do what everyone lese does. Think different.
If you have more ideas on how to get more shoutout sales, feel free to add them in the comments!
If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us. Just write an e-mail to email@example.com.